By Rev. Vikki Anderson
Spring is a wonderful time to start cleaning out the yard, opening up the windows and letting the new fresh air of spring inside of your home and life.
With the new energy of the season, it is important to clear out the old stale energy from the winter and breathe new life into your environment.
Here are a few ways to bring in positive energy into your yard and home.
- Put up a small bird bath or water fountain near the front entrance.
- Hang beautiful chimes from trees, your deck or house gutters for a melodious sound to relax and calm you.
- Hang up whirl-i-gigs to promote positive chi to circulate around your property and remove any stagnant areas of dead or dying chi.
- Plant bulbs, annuals, perennials in bright colors. To correctly place the right color in the right area of your yard or garden, follow the ba gua colors (see www.VikkiAnderson.com under Feng Shui).
- Burn white sage throughout your home, closets, bathroom, cellar, attic and around the house to ensure negative energy or negative chi is removed while keeping your windows in your home open to allow the negativity to escape from your surroundings.
- Place 60 MM aurora borealis crystals in windows that get the morning sun so that rainbows will dance on your ceiling and walls. Each room should have many colors in it for balanced energy.
- Get rid of things you no longer need, want or like, so that you will have a clutter free space to enjoy and come home to each evening without feeling overwhelmed by the clutter.
- A fresh coat of paint will do wonders for your space and your mood. Choose the proper color for the area of the ba gua you are painting; if you can’t, add a few decorative touches like pillows, books, candleholders, statues or paintings with the required colors in them.
- Let the light into your home. Put up sheer curtains or pleated shades that can be opened from the top or bottom so you can maximize the sunlight and feel re-energized.
- Purchase a few Himalayan salt lamps, candle holders or prosperity bowls so their medicinal powers (helps with allergies, headaches, insomnia, depression and many more illnesses) and place them around your home to ensure your family’s continued good health.